Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > here's some info on factory reset
here's some info on factory reset

2532 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2017-01-18 19:09:25

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck
    2017-01-18 19:09:25

so my software had expired 1/12 and had my wifi turned off. i had to use one of the new features "function viewer" to see if i can preform something on a newer car.... so after thatl, i went to scan a 08 chevy truck and it said no data support for this model??? something to that effect....anyways i tried it on 2 other gm vehicles and got the same thing...i called support, told them the problem i was having and let them know i was exp on my sub. but the extire maxisys mini system was replaced a few weeks ago. i was now talking to the same support person that had my system replaced. he told me that updates are through corp and he cant do anything for me unless i had a current sub...my question to him was will my system get wiped out and rendered usless if i factory reset...he said he heard some nightmare stories...so i thanked him for his help and called aeswave and got a 1 year total sup. but before i deleted gm and reinstalled, i did a factory reset...caz at this point i had the means to restore...to my supprise nothing was deleted and gm was working like a charm!!!! 

before you guys send me to go stand the corner for not backing up, i had 4 full complete backups of  my orginal system... and the replacement was basically new. and havn't had the time yet.

bill

Total1 Pages